description

A generation meant to live victoriously with a destiny filled with purpose...


Thursday 17 April 2014

Catching Up...

It's been a while!

2014...

I realized I haven't written in quite a while... I have no excuses whatsoever. I can say that I have more time, now that it's already summer for me!

Wow, third year has just passed... I can't believe I have been in Canada for three years already and that I only have a year left in my undergraduate studies. In reality, it feels like I've been here forever (not that it's a bad thing). It's been really eventful here in Canada. I have learned a lot and made a lot of new friends in the process. Check my Facebook! That's proof...

God has truly been faithful throughout these years. He has taken me through journeys that helped my growth. I cannot begin to describe His goodness in the past three years of my life.

What has changed?

Other than my growing physically (both in height and weight...), I feel a lot more mature in my spiritual walk. Of course, I would be the first to admit that I have yet a lot to learn, but I am definitely much more knowledgable than my 17 year old self. In a few days, I would be turning 20. Goodbye, teenage life! I am definitely better in my English. And surprisingly, I am getting better in my Mandarin... I do feel a lot more confident around people now. My parents used to say that I'm the most conservative child in the family. Yes, it was true. Until now, I do believe my introverted personality has something to do with that. I love meeting new people, but I just need that common interest to click.

That's another thing: common interest. I figured that if I want to connect with people in my campus, I would have to pick up an area of interest that is popular. This is where I decided to focus a LOT on sports, particularly football. No, not American football. The REAL football: soccer. I was pleasantly surprised that a lot of Canadians are interested in European football. I met most of my friends on campus through this interest. One close friend of mine is a Chelsea fan like I am. The way we began talking to each other was pretty funny. I had him in my first year COMN class. Towards the end of the semester, I saw him wearing a Chelsea jersey, so I approached him at the end of the class. "Nice jersey." "Thanks, I saw you wearing it last time too." And the rest is history...

Yes, football. Avid Chelsea fan here. I got the chance to see them live in New York's Yankee Stadium last summer. It was quite an experience! I brought my camera there to capture the moments.

 
(currently my favorite player: Oscar the no. 11)

 Spring is here (FINALLY! Well, it snowed yesterday but it's officially spring). I can't wait to see what the rest of 2014 has in store. One thing is for sure: God is faithful. I look forward to see His plans unfold in the weeks to come.






Always Faithful
Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment